Monday, July 15, 2013

La Legua Peru, July 15, 2013 (18)

     Hola familia! Tomorrow we have cambios, which means that I just finished my first full cambio in the mission. Crazy! Hna. Rodriguez and I are both staying here, and we are excited to be together again. This last week we set baptismal dates with two of our investigators. We set a date with Rosa for the 27th, but she didn't come to church yesterday so we might have to postpone her baptism a week. Tambien we set a date with Antony, the 14 year old that we just met a couple weeks ago. But we found out that he is going to be out of town for about a week, so probably now his baptism won't be until August. We are also still teaching Emily, but when we taught her the Ley de Castidad she told us that she doesn't believe in marriage. A belief in marriage is kind of important if you're going to keep the law of chastity! I was thinking that the reason we know that marriage is so important and that it strengthens the family is from modern revelations from the prophets and apostles. But the only way for someone to believe in the words of the modern day prophets and apostles is if they have a testimony of the Libro de Mormon, because all of our beliefs rely on the Restoration and the Book of Mormon! Entonces, we are working with ella so that she can have a stronger testimony del Libro de Mormon. I know that this church is the true restored church, and that the Book of Mormon is true. Se que los profetas son llamados por Dios, y si nosotros escuchamos sus palabras, vamos a ser bendecidas.
     Yesterday we were in a little store when a woman came up to me and asked me to speak some English. Hna. Bennett told me something funny that she always tells people when they ask for some English: I have a baby unicorn stuck in my belly button. So, when this hermana asked me to speak English that's what I told her. Then she said back to me, "Que linda habla," which means basically how beautiful you speak. Haha! Hna. Rodriguez started laughing, because I told her what that means. Also, yesterday there was a procession in the street for the Virgen Mary. All afternoon they were walking around the streets with incense burning and a band playing. Our area is pretty small, so pretty much everywhere we were we could hear the band playing and it was hard to teach a lesson. What can you do ha.

Thanks Spencer and Eric.  This shirt is a hoot!

Peruvian museum

School parade

Parade

Peruvian kids at the parade in traditional clothing


No comments:

Post a Comment