Tuesday, June 25, 2013

La Legua Peru, June 24, 2013 (15)

Saludos a todos! This morning for P day we went to Limatomba and played futbol against Hna Madsen´s zone. The good thing about being the smallest mission in the world is that I get to see everyone a lot. It was super fun this morning! Playing futbol with Latinos is fun because they´re so good and get so into it. Plus it was fun to run around and play a sport!
There was an earthquake the other morning, but it was only a few seconds. Still, it was my first earthquake ever! We only felt one, I don´t know if there were other after shocks or whatever they´re called.

I got suuuper sick on Wednesday from some clams that we ate at a member´s house. I don´t know if they were just not cleaned right or what, but Tuesday night I was sick throwing up, and all day Wednesday I stayed in bed. I called Hna Borg and she told me to just sleep it off, and I really did just leave the apartment once on Wednesday ha. Hna Rodriguez went on splits with Hna Nunez to our citas, so that was good. I´m better now, so don´t worry! I just know to be more careful with seafood now ha.
Remember our investigator Amador who was going to be baptized last Saturday on the 15th? Hna Rodrigez and I were thinking all week how we could help him feel ready, and we prepared a message for him about faith and how it´s not a perfect knowledge. We read Ether 4 with him and Alma 32 and talked about how he didn´t have to know everything before his baptism. He still had some doubts after that, so we had a lesson with his sister who is a recent convert. We realized we should have done that earlier because her testimony is so strong and it really helped him. We also talked about Christ and his atonement and how we can become perfect through him someday. He admitted that he wanted to be baptized, but was worried about things that his friends were telling him. After we talked about Christ´s Atonement for us and repentance, he opened up a lot more and accepted the baptismal date for the 22nd. There were a few problems in planning his baptism and we were running around trying to find someone to be another witness, but in the end it all turned out great! Amador was baptized and on Sunday was confirmed to receive the Holy Ghost. Hna Rodriguez and I went and visited him on Sunday after church and I could just see in his face something new that wasn´t there before! He was so much happier! My testimony of Christ´s Atonement was strengthened, because I realized that Christ really does have the power to heal anyone. I know the power of the Holy Ghost is real. One of the best parts of being a missionary is knowing if you´re worthy you´ll have the Holy Ghost bearing testimony of your words, no matter how bad your Spanish is
. I saw so many miracles this week and I´m so grateful to be doing the Lord´s work.
Yesterday we watched the leadership conference in the Stake Center. It was sooo good! It really stressed how every member is a missionary, and it´s so true, we need the help of the members! I was a little bit surprised when I saw the Marriott Center! It was weird ha. I don´t think we can use Facebook yet... I think they´re gonna do a trial run with missionaries in the States first.

 Thank you all so much for your letters!! I love hearing from you all! You´ve all been in my prayers this week as I know it´s been a hard time for the family. I hope everyone´s doing well. I know that this is the true church. I know that families can be together forever. I love you all so much! Cuidense!!
Hna Anderson
Amador's baptism
Beach in Chancay


Add caption

Jaden and Hna Rodriguez with Celia and her husband.  They made me a tres leches cake for her birthday.

Winter season is cloudy and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment