Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Transfers!

     Olo! I have been here in my new area for about a week now-- my area is called Las Brisas in the zone Magdalena. We are close to something called el cercado de Lima... whatever that means! I love, love, love my area here! Most of the houses here are actual painted houses with gates, whereas in my other area everything was brick apartments. It´s a lot nicer here-- there are lots of parks, lots of greenery, plants, flowers... it´s super pretty! Sometimes I actually feel like I´m in California ha. My companion is Hermana Hernandez. She is from Salvador and is going home after this tranfsfer, so I´ll be getting a new companion at the next change. Hermana Hernandez is super nice and just loves life. She loves to laugh and have fun, and the people here just love her. She´s teaching me a lot how to just enjoy every minute of the mission! My zone is really cool too. In my other zone we were just four hermanas, but here we have five companionships of hermanas and four companionships of elders. It´s a lot bigger with lots more hermanas! Hermana Nunez and Hna Seclen are here in this zone-- they were with me in my other zone, Bello Horizonte,so it´s fun to see them and be with them again! It was hard to say goodbye to everyone in La Legua, but I know I´m where the Lord wants me to be.
     Hermana Hernandez and I have had some awesome experiences this past week. I was reading in the bible for my study the other day and found a scripture that I really like found in Matthew 9 12-13. We´ve had some experiences that have made me think a lot about these verses. It says, 
    ¨They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 
     But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.¨
The other night we were walking in a park when we walked past a man, limping and pushing his own wheelchair along. We offered to take him where he needed to go, and when we asked where he lived, he told us he lived right there in the park. He said he was on his way to the house of a friend who sometimes gives him something warm to drink when he gets cold. We starting pushing him along and talked to him about our purpose as missionaries and the church. He told us his named was Walter. He said he really wanted to come to our church, so we left him with some pamphlets to read and 2 soles to buy some bread. About 30 seconds after leaving him we both felt like we needed to go back and talk to him some more. He was surprised but happy to see us again. We took him to a bakery and bought him some fresh bread, but I think what he appreciated more was just some company, someone to talk to. When we finally said goodbye, he thanked us and told us that he would never forget us. That experience with Walter was really special and I don´t think I will ever forget him either! 

     We had a baptism of a cute little boy with 9 years named Jose yesterday, and it was so great to see how happy he was! One of our investigators named Rodrigo was also there, and he told us that he liked it so much that he wanted to be baptized too! Rodrigo has 13 years and reminds me a lot of Colton. We went to talk to his dad later that day to ask for permision. At first his dad was a little hesitant, because he said first he wanted to see a change in his son, that he was ready to accept this new responsibility. We read with him in Moroni 10 about how it´s as we come unto Christ that we´re perfected in him. We told his dad that through baptism we come unto Christ and we can become better people than who we were. The spirit was really strong, and his dad agreed to let Rodrigo be baptized! His baptism will probably be in two or three weeks! 

     Here in the mission I have been able to see what Matthew 9 really means. I am seeing that Christ and his gospel are for everyone, everyone of us! No one is excluded from receiving these blessings. I love my mission and am learning so much! I am so grateful for everything the Lord is teaching me. I finished reading the Book of Mormon and I just love that book! I hope you´re still reading! I love you guys so much and hope everything´s good at home!! Pajarin cama! (qechua for see you later). 

Love, Hermana Anderson 
Pics
Yo y hermana Hernandez at transfers! 
baptism of Jose!!
We went to the beach today for P day in Miraflores. It´s an actual nice, pretty beach!!

New companion hermana Hernandez

Beach in Miraflores





Saying goodbye in Le Legua.  I just love these kids.  They just flocked to us every time they saw us.


Baptism of Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment