Wednesday, October 30, 2013

huaca, huaca

     Greetings loved ones! Wow thanks for sending pictures of the family
Halloween party-- it looks like you all had a lot of fun. I laughed out loud that you dressed up as duck dynasty! I´ve only seen that show a couple times but it´s hilarious. Ah makes me miss all you guys! I am so excited to read all the cousin´s letters! And Colton, sorry you got sick ha.
     Well we had a great and pretty interesting week this week! I want to tell you first what we did yesterday morning for P day. We had a P day personal so hermana Hernandez and I were just walking around our sector looking for something to do. It´s pretty cool cause in our sector we have a lot of old Incan ruins called huacas. I told hermana hernandez that I wanted a picture with one, so we went to a really big huaca that had guards and stuff outside the walls. We asked if we could go in a take a picture, and then this guy with a pony tail came out and offered us a private tour! He told us this huaca was called Mateo salado and it´s not even open to the public till mid November! We walked to the top of what he said was the temple, and he told us that that they´ve found where the people lived and had school. It was sweet! We talked to him about the book of mormon and he thought it was interesting, but then he told us he was atheist. We gave him a pamphlet of the resteration and are going to go back to give him a book of Mormon. It was really cool!

     Saturday was the day of Diego´s baptism, but I woke up Saturday morning with the stomach flu, so hermana Hernandez called some hermanas in the ward to come stay with me while she went with another hermana to Diego´s baptism. I felt bad that I missed his baptism, but I felt a little bit better in the night so we were able to go to my old sector to see the baptism of Ana Maria! She didn´t know I was gonna come so she was so surprised and started crying when she saw me. It was a special experience for me.

     Hermano Quesada (the investigator who´s 82) has a baptismal date for this Saturday. He passed his interview so he´s so excited! I am seeing lots of miracles here and learning a lot about the power of the priesthood. I´m also gaining a much stronger testimony of Joseph Smith. 

     We don´t celebrate Halloween here in Peru, but I think I´m okay with that this year. Hope you have a fun day Thursday!! I lov you guys so much!! Until next week!

Love, Hermana Anderson 

Pictures!  
With Diego and his aunt (yes his aunt) Meche who we´re also teaching
On top of the huaca





No comments:

Post a Comment