Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Mexico, May 13, 2013 (9)

Hola mi familia! It was SO great talking to you all yesterday. I'm so glad that you're all doing so well. Thanks for being so supportive and great examples to me. Since I told you most of my stories yesterday I thought I'd send a whole bunch of pictures!
The first two pictures are when we slept outside on our porch. We woke up at 2 in the morning to the sound of coyotes howling. It was freezing so we went back inside ha.

The third picture is us with the elders in Coronado Norte eating Nacho Libre corn. It's actually pretty good!

We tracted into a house with this huge Kung Fu Panda statue in front of it. We tried to talk to the lady inside but she was not interested. She did take a picture for us though!

The last picture is from the Mother's Day Fiesta we had on Saturday. All the husbands went to the church and were cooking meat in the kitchen so the entire church was filled with smoke. I don't know how the smoke alarms didn't go off! The guys in our branch are awesome. They planned for this semi-Mariachi (is that how you spell it?) band to come play. It was so fun! We had ceviche, carne asada, and horchata. The food here is so good! For the most part at least. We had this soup with pork skin in it, and I tried barbacoa, which is cow face. It was actually pretty weird, but it's just weird when you think about what you're eating.

I also wanted to tell you that we got a call from a number we didn't know, and we found out that it was Luis trying to call us from his friend's phone. Apparently he's out of jail now! We were actually kind of bummed cause we wanted to teach him in jail haha. We're going over to teach his grandparents tonight and maybe he'll be there. Well I love you all! Hope you're all doing well! I love hearing from you. Les quiero mucho! 

Con amor, Hermana Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment