Monday, April 28, 2014

Prayer is Made up of Heart Throbs


     Hey family! It is so good to hear from all of you! This was one of those growing weeks I have to say. Where not much has happened in the sector but I personally have learned a lot.
     On Tuesday we had interviews with President Borg and received training from the asistants. We did a lot of practices which at first always make me feel a little uncomfortable, but they´re always great to learn from. We practiced a lot with asking good, inspired quetsions. I was reminded that before we can ask the investigators to come up to where we are, we have to go down to where they are and understand where they´re coming from. Hermana Borg also gave us a little training, she is so sweet, I just love her so much! She showed us a video that someone had made from a speaker in a BYU devotional with one of my favorite songs in the background. It´s a song from a movie, and the song is called ¨the letter that never came.¨ What happens in the movie is that three kids lose their parents in an accident, and they feel like their parents have abandoned them and left them with nothing. But then, the orphans receive a letter in the mail from their parents with stamps from all over the world. They realize that their parents had never left them alone, just that their letter and their love had been lost in the mail, lost in the process. This has been one of the biggest themes in my mision, that when it seems like the blessings aren´t coming, we just have to be patient. The blessings always come, but sometimes they get lost on their way to us. But they always come! In my interview with President I asked him what he expected from me as a sister training leader, and he told me to just be myself. He told me, I hope you know you´re very special. It really touched me, it was exactly what I needed to hear, especially with what had happened with Irma last week. Things have been a little slow in our sector and we´ve been struggling to find new people. On Monday we received a whole bunch of references from the office, but found out that they were meant for other sectors or that the people didn´t want to receive us. I was reading in Jesus the Christ and Elder James E. Talmage writes about the Lord´s prayer, and how it should be our perfect example of praying to the Father. Talmage says, Prayer is made up of heart throbs and righteous yearnings of the soul. That phrase really hit me, and I´ve been trying to have more meaningful prayers. I´ve just been trying to pour out everything to my Heavenly Father and it´s helped a lot. I know that prayer is real and that God does hear and answer our prayers. 
     I know that I am in this sector for a reason and there is something that Heavenly Father wants me to learn. Alma 36:27 "He sido sostenido en tribulacions y dificultades do todas clases... si, Dios me ha librado de la carcel, y de ligaduras, y de la muerte, si, y pongo mi confianza en el, y todavia me librara." Sometimes I find myself worrying about things that don´t matter, and have to refocus on the things that matter most. I love you all so much! I hope you know that. I am so excited to talk and hear from you for Mother´s Day! I hope you have a great week. Until next week!
Love, Hermana Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment