Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bring on the Rain

Hey family! Sounds like you all had a great week this week. I just want to start out wishing mom a FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!! Tomorrow will be extra special because it's also Angel's baptism. He is so excited and ready. He's inviting his whole family and his friends from "the neighborhood." Angel has really changed a lot since we first met him. He's a lot calmer, humbler and teachable. He comes from a pretty rough upbringing... he used to be in a gang with drug and drinking problems, but has really changed his life for the better.

This week I went on an exchange with Hermana Zavala in a completely different zone, the zone Maranga. It reminded me a lot of my first area La Legua. It's a lot more humble than Las Brisas and there are lots of quintas, which are like long passages with about fifteen rooms just jam packed with families. It was fun to be with Hermana Zavala, she is from Honduras and has about 6 months in the mission. She is training for the first time so is nervous, but is doing just great. I love working with the hermanas!

Something pretty weird this week is that it rained for three days! OK not three days straight, just on and off, but one night it was pouring! I was surprised cause I heard that it never rains in Lima. Then again everyone told me I'd be eating guinea pig, but that hasn't happened yet. I did eat cow tongue though. I don't recomend it. Ha but Hna Rodriguez and I were running around in the night in the rain and it felt so good! It's been a year since I've felt rain coming down that hard.

This week I'll hit my one year mark in the mission. I can't believe it! I feel so privileged to be able to be a missionary in such an exciting time. I love love love my mission and am learning so much. I am grateful for the trials the Lord gives me here. I know I'm learning things now that will help me face future trials in my life. Thank you all for your letters, pictures, and words of advice and encouragement. You have helped me so much!!!!! Love you guys!! Have a great weekend in St. George! Cuidense!

Love, Hna Anderson



Pics:

*Happy Birthday mom!! This is with Diego and his family, and with Nilo. Love you!!

*Pic from the roof of Hna. Zavala in the zone Maranga. They've got the beach in their sector

*I know you want to see a picture of my sweet tan lines ha. My toes are super white cause of the powder that mom sent me. #sistermissionarytanlines

No comments:

Post a Comment