Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hola familia!

Hola familia! This morning for Pday we went on a tour of the Palacio gobierno of Peru. It was pretty cool! I felt like I was in London again, because there was a cathedral and more white people than I've seen in a long time ha. The palacio is in the plaza de armas, which I think is the most touristy place in Peru, besides Machu Pichu of course. I'll send some pics!
This last week we had a multizone conference with President and Hermana Borg. They're both fantastic! Hna Borg talked to us about our patriarchal blessings, and how they can be an extra guide and strength for us. Hna Borg gave us an assignment I guess you could say to read our blessing and go through and mark specific things, like our talents and specific warnings. I took a picture of the paper she gave us so that you can all do it to! I'm excited to go through and read my blessing more carefully. My patriarchal blessing has given me comfort and strength so many times in the mission!

I want to share our experience about last Fast Sunday because I didn't have the chance last week. We were fasting so that we could have more people come to church on Sunday, and last week we had more people come to church than we have in a long time! I know that there is a real power behind fasting, and that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.

The other day Hna Rodriguez and I were walking in the street and we saw an older lady carrying a table, so we went over to help her. When we got to her house we met another older lady named Mercedes, who said we could come back later in the week to teach her. Later in the week when we went to visit her we also met her granddaughter Rosa and her brother Eduardo. Rosa is about 15 and Eduardo 12. We gave them both a Libro de Mormon and Edaurdo went straight into his room and starting reading it! If anything I learned that service is always a good thing, and that it brings blessings!

Hermana Rodriguez and I are working hard to help our investigators to baptism, and even though we can't see the fruits of our labors right now, I know that if we're obedient and faithful then Heavenly Father will bless us. We've just gotta keep working! Even though there are some hard days, I love the mission and I'm learning a lot, especially to be patient! I think I'm learning some things that I couldn't learn at home. Thank you all for your support and encouragement! I LOVE to hear from you all! I love you guys SO much and hope you're all doing well. Cuidense!

Love, Hermana Anderson
Zone bbq

Plaza de armas







Plaza de armas


No comments:

Post a Comment